Wednesday 24 February 2010

notes on using the LOMO 135BC

This camera has a clockwork motor to rapidly advance the film, it does this immediately she shutter has fired, and will do 8 frames for each winding. The shutter is very quiet, but as soon as you take your finger off the release, there is a loud clunk as the film jerks forward. I had some failures with this film, 2 obvious ones happened when in the very dimly lit Liverpool Maritime Museum, I inadvertantly turned the aperture ring in the wring direction, so instead of full aperture, I ended up with f22! Needless to say those frames are very thin, I didn't even bother scanning them. I also shot 4 frames in quick succession to make a panorama, but all but one of these frames was blank, I can't really explain that, somehow the film advanced but the shutter didn't fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment