Friday 7 May 2010

Week 19 - Kodak Retina 1


Kodak Retina 1 camera, originally uploaded by pho-Tony.
This is a type 126 version of the Retina 1, made in Germany between 1936 and 1937. I have loaded it with my 'heritage' roll of Kodachrome 64 colour slide film, now discontinued, and only processable until the end of 2010. I decided to use this camera as it is from the same era as the first Kodachrome film, which was introduced in 1935.
I plan to take a few frames with this camera, before transferring the film to another camera, probably one dating from around 1974, when the current (or rather last) version of the film was introduced.
The photos will not be available for a while, as when I have finished the film, it will have to go to Kansas for processing, with a turnaroud time of several weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment