Sunday 16 December 2012

photo from week 154 - Minolta X-700

20-21 Gallery Scunthorpe by pho-Tony
20-21 Gallery Scunthorpe, a photo by pho-Tony on Flickr.
One of the reasons I chose the Minolta for this week was that it can be used in low light conditions, and with daylight at a premium I knew I would be having to use available light much of the time.
This was handheld at 1/30th second, I used manual overide to set the aperture to f1:7, and didn't bother metering, but used the slowest shutter speed I thought I could get away with without a tripod.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I do that a lot too. It's surprising how often you can get a perfectly acceptable photo (thanks to I suspect to the film's great latitude most of the time) at shutter speeds even as slow as 1/15.

    John

    ReplyDelete